Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Dementia Friends & Caring Companions, Newhall
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this job could be perfect for you. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier.
- No Experience, full training provided.
- Car Drivers are essential.
- We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
- £10.30 - £10.40 per hour, double rate on bank holidays.
- Mileage allowance.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Hours available include mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Minimum of 1-hour visits and visiting the same clients each week.
Every single person they support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assisting someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away.
- Maybe preparing a bath or assisting someone to get in and out of the shower.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
Join the Team
You would be joining a well-established Homecare Provider who have been rated Good by CQC who focus on a bespoke companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. The owner of the business has a passion to deliver a high quality of care to older people in the local community. The Care they provide varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing they are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing Dementia Friends & Caring Companions.
Apply/Ask a Question
We understand you will have some questions about this Dementia Friend & Caring Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. Why not make 2021 a new year, new career! We cannot wait to hear from you.