We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Care Companions in the Hatfield area of Hertfordshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided, but it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in Hatfield, Welwyn, St Albans, Potters Bar, and surrounding areas of Hertfordshire.
You could be joining an award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the industry. An Outstanding CQC rating and a place in the Top 20 care providers in the East of England is testament to the high-quality care and support they provide in the local community. The Directors are a husband & wife team who gave up their careers to do something more fulfilling and to make a difference. Their personal experience of seeing care received by relatives inspired them to start a bespoke service where each person they support is at the heart of all they do and only the best will do for each person. If you share these values, then you will certainly fit in. They have been voted a 5 Star employer for the last 2 years, and with a friendly and supportive team, this is truly a company you will be proud to be a part of.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be playing a big role within your community. The company provide a minimum of 1-hour visits, so nothing is rushed, and you have quality time to spend with clients. The role will involve:
- Assisting with personal care, this would be no different to what you may do for a friend or relative.
- Providing companionship or taking them to appointments.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Assisting with shopping and helping to prepare meals.
- Helping with any medication.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 per hour weekdays, £11 after 7pm.
- £11.00 per hour weekends, £12 after 7pm.
- Paid mileage & enhanced bank holiday rates.
- Full or part-time hours available, GUARANTEED HOURS (if you have the right availability).
- Hours include early mornings, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Pension scheme & Holiday Pay.
- Ongoing training & development opportunities, who knows where this opportunity could take you.
Apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.