We are looking for part time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Stevenage area of North Hertfordshire. No experience is needed. However, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Locations & Criteria
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in the Stevenage, Royston, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth and surrounding villages of North Hertfordshire. If you do live in any of these local areas, we do have job vacancies for the right people.
Benefits & Hours
- £9.50- £20.00 per hour plus mileage allowance, plus pension scheme, paid holidays and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
This provider aims to deliver the very best standards of care to enable their clients to take control of their lives and they fully respects their unique preferences. You could be joining a CQC “Outstanding” service who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
Your Job Role
As their Dementia Friend & Companion, you will visit older people in your local community in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. The role will include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.