We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Colchester area of Essex. No experience is required as excellent training is provided, but it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in Colchester, Manningtree, Kelvedon, Tiptree, Ardleigh, Tolgate, Stanway, Coggeshal, East Bergholt, Dedham, and surrounding areas.
You could be joining an award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the industry. The owner started the service based on his own personal experiences after his father lived with Dementia and his mother suffered a stroke, he understood the challenges faced in caring. He used his experience and knowledge to start a high-quality, bespoke service. With a Good CQC rating and 9.8 rating on homecare.co.uk testament to their hard work. This homecare provider also invests in their staff and ensure that everyone feels valued and part of the team. They offer excellent progression opportunities too, so this could be the first step towards a long-lasting, rewarding career.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be playing a big role within your community. The company generally provide a minimum of 1-hour visits, so nothing is rushed, and you have quality time to spend with clients. The role will involve:
- Assisting with personal care, this would be no different to what you may do for a friend or relative.
- Providing companionship or taking them to appointments.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Assisting with shopping and helping to prepare meals.
- Helping with any medication.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.75 per hour weekdays & £12.00 per hour weekends.
- Bank Holidays are double pay.
- Mileage - 25p per mile.
- Full Training & Continuous Development with lots of progression opportunities.
- Employee benefits.
- The biggest benefit is a role that offers fulfilment & satisfaction as well the opportunity to make a positive difference in a person’s life, not many jobs can say that.
Apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.