We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the Hartlepool area of Cleveland. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a reliable vehicle.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in the Hartlepool, Stockton, Middlesbrough, Billingham, Yarm, Stokesley, and surrounding areas of Cleveland and North Yorkshire.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.25 per hour weekdays, £10.00 per hour weekends.
- £18.50 per hour bank holidays.
- Part-time hours are available between 10-20 hours per week. (Unfortunately, it is not possible to do just school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work).
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, that’s the biggest benefit of this role.
Why work in care?
The answer, quite simply, is that helping people is a rewarding feeling like no other. You would be making a massive difference in your local community and at a time like this, you are needed more than ever. Maybe you have worked in either retail, hospitality, childcare, customer service, or any other sector, but you want to do something more fulfilling, as long as you have a caring nature and the right qualities, then this is for you. There are long-term prospects too, with opportunities to progress and build a rewarding career.
You could be joining a CQC “Outstanding” service who focus on a companionship led care service, they are also in the top 20 care providers in the North East. They have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on building great relationships with just a handful of elderly clients. The company has also recently been voted a 5* employer, so this is a company that you can be proud to be a part of.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed & other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening.
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity that everyone deserves.
Please provide a cover letter with your application, telling us why you feel being a Dementia Friend & Companion is the right job for you. Just sending a CV is not enough; that doesn’t tell us about ‘you’ as a person. We would like to know what makes you an ideal candidate, even if you have had no formal, previous experience. If you have any questions about this role or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.