We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the York area of North Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided; however, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- £10.00 per hour (Double time for bank holidays) plus travel allowance & mileage.
- Range of part-time hours available from 12 hours per week and up.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program.
- Schedule that you can fit around your lifestyle, alternate weekend calls so every other weekend is free.
- Excellent training and support.
- A truly rewarding job where the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is like no other.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in York, Haxby & Wigginton, Copmanthorpe, Bishopthorpe, Dunnington, Stockton on the Forest, Skelton, Easingwold, Strensall, Wheldrake, Huntington, Acomb, Clifton, Fulford, Heworth, Poppleton, and surrounding areas.
Why work in care?
The answer, quite simply, is that helping people is a rewarding feeling like no other. You would be making a massive difference in your local community and at a time like this, you’re needed more than ever. If you have recently been made redundant, or you are just looking for a new role, if you are a positive personality with the ability to help someone, then this is for you. There are long-term prospects too, with opportunities to progress and build a rewarding career.
This special homecare provider are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and they aim to provide a standard of care that they would want for their own families. What makes them different from other care providers is that they are bespoke, and they focus on a companionship led care service. Building an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, this provide always looks to make a positive difference in people’s lives. The provider does a minimum of 1-hour visits so that quality time can be spent with clients and their team are never rushed.
Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and support them to remain independent in their own home for as long as possible. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, then please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.