We are looking for part time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Loughton area of Essex. It is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle. In this role, you can feel valued & appreciated every day as well as work for a company you can be proud of.
No experience is necessary as award-winning training is provided and there are lots of opportunities to progress. We welcome applications from all ages (with no upper limit). If you have the right personality to care, then we would love to hear from you.
- £10.25 per hour weekdays & £10.40 weekends & double pay on Bank Holidays.
- Mileage Allowance.
- Guaranteed Contract available.
- Part-Time Hours including some mornings and or lunchtimes and or evenings and alternative weekends.
- Full training and a mentoring system to support you through your new role.
- Friendly and supportive office team.
- Additional paid training in Dementia and End of Life.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Loughton, Epping, Ongar, Waltham Abbey, Harlow, and surrounding areas of Essex.
Could you help Bob*?
Bob is 82 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. He might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal or doing certain chores, he might also get muddled with peoples’ names. However, he loves the outdoors, his garden is his pride and joy, and he loves going out for a lovely walk (weather permitting), but he struggles to do the things he enjoys from time to time. He can get a bit lonely too as his son and grandchildren live abroad and he needs a bit more help round the house. Could you be the person to make a difference to Bob?
An Award-winning companionship/relationship led care service who have been rated “Outstanding” by CQC, which is amazing. The Director has a mission to change the face of ageing, seeing first-hand the positive effect companionship led care has had on the older people they support. She is very family orientated and this family feeling cascades throughout the team.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, will do a minimum of 1-hour visits and you will be carefully matched to clients in your local area, supporting them to remain independent both in their own home and in the community. The role can involve:
- Assisting with morning & evening routines.
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or for some exercise.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a true companion and someone, they can trust.
Apply/Ask a Question
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.
*Bob is just an example of someone you would support