We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Chesterfield area of Derbyshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is desirable that you have a UK driving licence and access to reliable transport.
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, plus some time during the day, evenings, and a few hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the local community and have job vacancies in the Ashgate, Brampton, Brimington, Calow, Coal Aston, Dronfield, and surrounding areas of Chesterfield.
Could you help Edith*?
Edith is 79 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal or keeping up with her housework, she might also get muddled with peoples’ names from time to time. However, she does love to dance, and music seems to always cheer her up and remind her of special memories. She can get lonely though as her daughter lives abroad and she needs a bit more help round the house and getting out and about. Could you be the person to make a difference to Edith?
The providers are a husband and wife team who are passionate about how older people should be looked after in old age, one of the Directors was a Nurse for over 30 years, they understand what it takes to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support. An outstanding CQC Rating is proof of their dedication paying off. This organisation focusses on a bespoke companionship/relationship led service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will do a minimum of 1 hour visits and you will be carefully matched to older adults in your local area and you will support clients to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping clients active in the local community. This may include:
- Getting clients out of bed, washed/showered, dressed, and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing etc.
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
*Edith is just an example of someone you would support