We are seeking full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions living close to the Grange area of Cumbria. No Experience is necessary, a full Driving Licence & own car is essential (or currently learning to drive).
**Please note that this is paid employment and there will be personal care involved in the role**
This job vacancy is working within older people’s own homes within the community we are particularly looking for applicants who are happy to commute to Grange-over-Sands, Haverthwaite, Holker, Cark, Cartmel, Flookborough, Levens, Lindale, Witherslack, and surrounding areas.
Pay rates, benefits & hours
- £9.30 per hour rising to £12.50 as you progress (wage reviewed after successful probation).
- Flexible shifts between 7am – 11pm including alternate weekends.
- Mileage paid from when you leave home, to the office, and when you are with clients.
- Paid DBS & Company pension.
- £250 bonus once you have completed your Care Certificate (full-time staff only).
- Access to fully funded Diploma training & further qualifications.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will enable older adults to remain independent and comfortable in their own homes. If you think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same. The role will include:
- Helping with morning & bedtime routine.
- Assisting with personal care such as (Getting up, getting dressed, washed etc).
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner & administering medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, and daily living tasks.
- Helping them out in the community.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
With a Good CQC Rating, you could be joining a small, local, family-run homecare company who were formed with the aspiration to provide a different kind of care service in the community. Rather than delivering care on a large-scale basis, they focus on providing a high-quality, small, and flexible service focused on the people they support and the community. This provider is small enough to focus on quality and they want to keep it that way. This organisation truly values each of their Carers too, making sure everyone feels valued for their work and that they have a voice within the company.
If you are an experienced Care Assistant/Worker and looking to work for a small team where your voice can be heard, or you are looking to start a career in Social Care, then this could be the rewarding job that you are looking for.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.