We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Wetherby area of West Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided; however, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Collingham, Boston Spa, Moortown, Roundhay, Alwoodley and surrounding areas.
This special homecare provider area rated “Good” by the CQC and they aim to provide a standard of care that they would want for their own families. The owner opened the service after experiencing the difficulties of finding high-quality for his immediate family, he wanted to start a service that could always make a positive difference in older people’s lives. What makes them different from other care providers is they focus on a companionship led care service and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. The provider does a minimum of 1-hour visits so that quality time can be spent with clients and their team are never rushed.
Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain independent in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.50 - £12.00 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays).
- Mileage allowance & paid travel time.
- Part time hours - 16 hour guaranteed contracts available.
- Availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities to train in Dementia, End of Life, and much more.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.