We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Chandler’s Ford area of Hampshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided, but it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Chandler’s Ford, Romsey, Winchester, Eastleigh, Bishopstoke, Horton Heath, Bishops Waltham, Wellow, and surrounding areas.
With an Outstanding CQC Rating for caring, you could be joining an award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the care industry. The Director and his team are committed to the delivering a first-class client-centred care. He has also experienced first-hand what it is like to provide care for an elderly relative. This provider puts their client at the forefront of everything they do and help older people to remain in the place they love the most, their home.
Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no 2 days are ever the same. If you think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same. The role may involve:
- Providing companionship.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Assisting with shopping and helping to prepare meals.
- Helping with any medication.
- Assisting with personal care, this would be no different to what you may do for a friend or relative.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 per hour, £14.00 per hour at weekends.
- £10.60 per hour if you have NVQ level 3, £15.00 per hour at weekends.
- Bank Holidays, Christmas, and Easter £17.00 to £18 per hour.
- Paid travel time at £8.72 per hour.
- Flexible hours to suit your availability.
- Pension scheme.
- Making a positive difference to an older adult’s life.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.