We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in various locations throughout the Wellington and Taunton areas of Somerset. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- £9.50-£11.00 per hour, double pay on bank holidays plus mileage allowance.
- Benefits include pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Lots of support always available.
Could you help Maggie*?
Maggie is 81 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal or do certain chores, she might also get muddled with peoples’ names. However, she does love to sing, and music seems to always cheer her up and remind her of special memories. She can get lonely from time to time though as her children live so far away and she needs a bit more help round the house. Could you be the person to make a difference to Maggie?
You could be joining a CQC rated “Outstanding” service who focus on companionship/relationship led care. This homecare provider is a family run business and have won multiple awards over the years including being in the Top 20 home care providers in the South West and have built an excellent reputation within the local community. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits so that support is not rushed, and the focus is on quality care and companionship.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home and remain independent. You will always see the same people too to help you build that relationship. The role may include: -
- Helping clients get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Companionship visits & trips out.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
If you are interested in this Dementia Friend & Companion job, then please click apply. Once you have applied, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
*Maggie is just an example of someone you would support