We are looking for part time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Abergele area of Conwy & Denbighshire. No experience is needed. However, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in the Abergele, St Asaph, Denbigh, Rhyl, Llandudno, Conwy Llanrwst, Ruthin, and Colwyn Bay areas of Conwy & Denbighshire.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.80 per hour weekdays, £9.30 per hour evenings and weekends.
- Paid travel time & mileage.
- Time and half bank holidays and triple time at Christmas.
- Full and part-time hours available, flexible, and fixed contracts (unfortunately, we cannot offer just school hours and full-time hours can be discussed).
- All our team have every other weekend off and we aim to provide a regular working schedule.
- Corporate/high street discount cards & discounted gym memberships.
- Progression opportunities and the chance to obtain further qualifications.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
We are advertising on behalf of an award-winning homecare provider who focus on a bespoke companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They are rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission, which is amazing. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 30-minute home visits, but the focus being on companionship. They believe that their team are superheroes and the exceptional care the service provides, is down to them and their hard work and dedication.
Your Job Role
As their Dementia Friend & Companion, you will visit older people in your local community in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. The role will include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.