Due to expansion, we are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions close to the Mickleover area of South Derbyshire.
This fantastic homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes. No previous experience is required as training is provided and fully paid. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.30 per hour + paid mileage & paid travel time. Enhanced rate of pay at bank holidays.
- Full and part-time hours.
- Hours include early mornings, evenings, and weekend (or just weekends if you prefer).
- Paid DBS.
- Great work/life balance.
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
About the company
This provider is family run and part of an award-winning national brand with the family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by a husband and wife team who are both active in the local community and both passionate about the difference they can make. Both the owners have experienced the challenges of caring for older relatives and this has driven them to create a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence and dignity for their clients. Quality is at the heart of what they do.
The company also cares for their carers and each one is valued and rewarded for their dedication. They invest in everyone and pay travel time, so no valuable time with the clients is lost. You will see regular clients at regular times and work locally – so no long commutes. There is a wonderful team spirit too and this is a place where you can flourish – “I absolutely love working for the special people I look after; it always feels like a privilege.”
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.