We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Boston Spa area of West Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided; however, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Boston Spa, Wetherby, Collingham, Moortown, Roundhay, Alwoodley and surrounding areas.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.50 - £12.00 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays).
- Mileage allowance & paid travel time.
- Part time hours - 16 hour guaranteed contracts available.
- Availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities to train in Dementia, End of Life, and much more.
This special homecare provider area rated “Good” by the CQC and they aim to provide a standard of care that they would want for their own families. The owner opened the service after experiencing the difficulties of finding high-quality for his immediate family, he wanted to start a service that could always make a positive difference in older people’s lives. What makes them different from other care providers is they focus on a companionship led care service and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. The provider does a minimum of 1-hour visits so that quality time can be spent with clients and their team are never rushed.
Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain independent in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.