We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the St Albans area of Hertfordshire. Experience is preferred, but it is not essential as full excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle and the right to work in the UK.
- £10.00 per hour weekdays, £11 after 7pm.
- £11.00 per hour weekends, £12 after 7pm.
- Paid mileage & enhanced bank holiday rates.
- Full or part-time hours available, GUARANTEED HOURS (if you have the right availability).
- Hours will include early mornings from 8am, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends (school hours only are not available).
- Pension scheme, Holiday Pay & Bonuses.
- Ongoing training & development opportunities, who knows where this opportunity could take you.
This homecare provider provides a minimum of 1-hour care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in St Albans, Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn, and surrounding areas of Hertfordshire.
As Dementia Friend & Companion, could you?
Help provide a homecare service which is completely bespoke to the person’s needs and allows them to stay living independently in their own homes. You will be closely matched with older adults close to where you live, but also around hobbies and interests that you may share. Could you also: -
- Assist with personal care?
- Assist someone with daily routines such as preparing for the day or going to bed?
- Prepare meals and do some light household duties?
- Take clients out to appointments or help them doing the things they enjoy?
- Be a friendly companion and someone they can rely on and talk to?
Who would you be joining?
You could be joining an award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the industry. An Outstanding CQC rating and a place in the Top 20 care providers in the East of England is testament to the high-quality care and support they provide in the local community. The Directors are a husband & wife team who gave up their careers to do something more fulfilling and to make a difference. Their personal experience of seeing care received by relatives inspired them to start a bespoke service where each person they support is at the heart of all they do and only the best will do for each person. If you share these values, then you will certainly fit in. They have been voted a 5 Star employer for the last 2 years, and with a friendly and supportive team, this is truly a company you will be proud to be a part of.
This is so much more than a job; you would be making a real difference in a person’s life. The feeling of knowing you have made someone’s day a bit brighter is a rewarding feeling like no other. After all, sometimes it is the littlest acts of kindness that make the biggest difference!
Apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further and answer any questions. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.