We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the Bude area of Cornwall. No experience is needed as full training is provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider has job vacancies in the Bude, Tavistock, Torpoint, Saltash, Plymouth, Okehampton, and surrounding areas of Cornwall and Devon.
Could you help Kathryn*?
Kathryn (Kathy to her friends) is 82 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, doing certain chores, she may even need some help with personal care from time to time. She can also get muddled with peoples’ names. However, she has wonderful personality, loves to cook, and enjoys watching her soaps. Some of her team have even introduced her to Tik Tok which she loved. She can get lonely from time to time though as her children live so far away and she needs a bit more help round the house. Could you be the person to make a difference to Kathy?
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! This provider is award-winning, companionship led care service where they follow one vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives. The owner was an integral part of her Mum’s care and met some amazing people which has made her so passionate to make sure that a high standard of care is provided to all older adults and to help them remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. You would do a minimum of 1-hour visits, so nothing is rushed, and you can spend quality time with your clients. The role will include: -
- Helping clients get out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat each person with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.00 per hour plus paid travel and waiting time.
- Mileage allowance.
- Full and part-time hours available, 16-30 hours per week.
- DBS payment (£50.40 refunded back after 6 months of calls).
- You will have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and a couple of hours on alternate weekends.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
*Kathryn is just an example of someone you would support