We are looking for part time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Ascot area of Berkshire. No experience is needed. However, it is essential that you have access to reliable transportation.
This homecare provider has job vacancies in the Ascot, Camberley, Wokingham, Bagshot, Bracknell, and surrounding areas of Berkshire.
Could you help Mavis*?
Mavis is 85 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, doing certain chores, she may even need some help with personal care from time to time. She can also get muddled with peoples’ names. However, she has wonderful personality and she does love to bake, and it always seems to always cheer her up and she loves nothing more than a slice of cake and a chat. She can get lonely from time to time though as her children live so far away and she needs a bit more help round the house. Could you be the person to make a difference to Mavis?
About the company
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. This provider is award-winning, where they follow one vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives. The owner is a Dementia Champion and is passionate about making a real difference to the lives of older adults in the local community. They also care about their dedicated team and are an accredited living wage employer and a 5* rated employer.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. You would do a minimum of 1-hour visits, so nothing is rushed, and you can spend quality time with your clients. The role will include: -
- Helping clients get out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening.
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat each person with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.00 - £11.00 per hour plus paid travel time
- Part-time hours available.
- You will need availability for early mornings or evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Pension scheme.
- Care Certificate training.
- Employee assistance programme & paid holidays.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
*Mavis is just an example of someone you would support