We are looking for Dementia Friends & Care Companions for the Oswestry area of Shropshire. We have full or part-time job vacancies for caring individuals who want to make their local area a fantastic place to live as people within their community get to old age. Car Drivers Essential.
Because it is really important for our older adults to stay in their own homes, we provide our Advocacy, Care, and Support throughout the local community. Meaning Older Adults remain in the place they know, love, and feel secure. So, if you live within the local community of Shrewsbury, we have some lovely ladies and gents looking for support from someone like you.
Could you be a Dementia Friend?
Many of us will be affected by Dementia at some point or another, perhaps you have a family member who you have cared for through their illness. Your role as their advocate and Care Assistant is to visit them at different times of the day to help them with all the things that you do most mornings, lunchtimes, and evenings. Things like:
- Preparing a meal or afternoon snack, bedtime treat
- Prompting them to use the bathroom and helping with personal care.
- Helping with medication.
- Providing companionship and breaking up an otherwise lonely day.
- Preparing them for bedtime
- Most of all keeping a regular routine and ensuring they are safe and healthy.
People with Dementia struggle to know what time it is and can often stop eating, stop watching TV, and stop taking care of themselves in general, your support can make a huge difference.
You would be working for an award-winning national brand founded by a family and with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by a brother and sister team over 12 years ago who were inspired by the family values ethos. Starting their childhoods growing up around older people they have grown up to know what outstanding care looks like. Starting off as one Homecare service and now a national name, it is refreshing to see that this is still very much a family company throughout the country, all holding the same values and fantastic ethos.
Join the Team
So come and join our team, we welcome experience care assistants who want to feel part of something special, as well as those looking for a complete change of career or those who are retired but want to do something worthwhile with their time.
Pay Rates, Hours & Benefits
- £9.30 per hour + paid mileage
- Paid travel time all paid at the same rate as care, not every provider offers that.
- Full and part-time hours.
- DBS refunded after 6 months & paid training.
- Paid holidays, pension, and sick pay scheme.
- Fantastic career progression.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
To apply to become one of our trusted Dementia Friends & Companions, please click on the apply button. Once you have applied provided you are a car driver with access to your own car, then we will be in touch with you within 24-48 hours of you applying to get to know each other.