We are looking for passionate Dementia Friends & Caring Companions close to the Romford area of Havering, Greater London. No previous experience is required as training is provided and fully paid. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This fantastic homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in Romford, Hornchurch, Upminster, Rainham, Brentwood, and surrounding areas.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.30 per hour weekdays, £9.50 per hour weekends.
- Paid travel time at your hourly rate and 30p mileage.
- Full and part-time hours available.
- Hours will be between 7am-2:30pm / 4pm-10:30pm.
- Paid DBS & paid training.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Fantastic career progression.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
About the company
This provider is part of an award-winning national brand founded by a family and with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by cousins over 3 years ago who were inspired by the treasured memories of their Nan and the care she received whilst living with Dementia in her own home. They wanted to establish a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence, happiness and dignity for their clients.
The company also cares for their Dementia Friends & Companions and each one is valued and rewarded for their dedication. They invest in everyone and pay travel time, so no valuable time with the clients is lost. You will see regular clients at regular times and work locally – so no long commutes.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
If you have any questions about this job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.