We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions for the Hornchurch area of Havering, Greater London. We have full Time or part-time job vacancies for caring individuals who want to make their local area a fantastic place to live as people within their community get to old age. Car Drivers Essential.
Where you will live
Because it is really important for our older adults to stay in their own homes, we provide our clients Advocacy and Support within their own homes. Meaning they get to stay in the place they know, love, and feel secure. So, if you live within the local communities of Romford, Hornchurch, Upminster, Rainham, Brentwood, or close by, then we have some lovely ladies and gents looking for support from someone like you.
Dementia Care Advocate
Many of us will be affected by Dementia at some point or another, perhaps you have a family member who you have cared for through their illness. Your role as their advocate and Care Assistant is to visit them at different times of the day to help them with all the things that you do most mornings, lunchtimes, and evenings. Things like:
- Preparing a meal or afternoon snack, bedtime treat.
- Prompting them to use the bathroom & helping with elements of personal care.
- Help with medication.
- Providing companionship and breaking up an otherwise lonely day.
- Preparing them for bedtime or helping to get up in the morning.
- Most of all keeping a regular routine and ensuring they are safe and healthy.
People with Dementia struggle to know what time it is and can often stop eating, stop watching TV, and stop taking care of themselves in general, your support can make a huge difference.
You would be working for a family run company with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by cousins over 3 years ago who were inspired by the treasured memories of our Nan and the care she received whilst living with Dementia in her own home. We wanted to establish a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence, happiness, and dignity for all our clients.
Join the Team
So come and join our team, we welcome experienced Care Assistants who want to feel part of something special, as well as those looking for a complete change of career, or those who are retired but want to do something worthwhile with their time.
Pay Rates & Hours
- £9.30 per hour weekdays, £9.50 per hour weekends.
- Paid travel time at your hourly rate and 30p mileage.
- Full and part-time hours available.
- Hours will be between 7am-2:30pm / 4pm-10:30pm.
- Paid DBS & paid training.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Fantastic career progression.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
To apply to become one of our trusted Dementia Friends & Companions, please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, provided you are a car driver with access to your own car, we will be in touch with you within 24-48 Hours of you applying to get to know each other.