We are looking for passionate Dementia Friends & Companions close to the Peterborough area of Cambridgeshire. No previous experience is required as training is provided and fully paid. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Locations, pay rates & hours
This fantastic homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes, they have job vacancies in Peterborough, Stamford, Market Deeping, Oakham, and surrounding areas of Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire.
- £9.30 per hour weekdays + paid travel time (not every provider offers that).
- £10.00 per hour weekends.
- Full and part-time hours.
- Hours will be between 7am-2pm / 4pm-10pm and will include alternate weekends.
- Paid DBS & paid training.
- Holiday pay.
- Fantastic career progression.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping clients with everyday tasks so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
This provider is part of an award-winning national brand founded by a family and with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by a husband and wife team who wanted to establish a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence and dignity for their clients. Both the Directors have experienced the challenges of supporting older loved ones and they understand the need for high-quality care that we all would want as we get older. They have achieved a brilliant 9.8 rating from a leading homecare review site in their first year which highlights their dedication and amazing work.
The company also cares for their Dementia Friends & Companions and each one is valued, is important, and rewarded for their dedication. They invest in everyone and pay travel time, so no valuable time with the clients is lost. You will see regular clients at regular times and work locally – so no long commutes. There is a family feel to working here and a fantastic ethos.
If you have any questions about this job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.