Dementia Friends & Companions work in your local community of Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
- £10.50 - £11.70 per hour, mileage allowance, pension scheme, paid holidays.
- Guaranteed hours available for anyone who can work split shift or who have good availability.
- Hours include early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, & alternate weekend hours.
An award-winning employer with a 9.9 average rating on homecare.co.uk and a Good rating with the CQC, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a Part-Time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. You would be well supported in your role, provided the relevant PPE, and you would always see the same, regular clients.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Choosing clothes to wear, assisting with personal care such as shower/wash and to brush their teeth.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
Areas they have jobs
They have Part-Time Job Vacancies, for car drivers in the Kidlington, Witney, Oxford, Headington, Botley, Wheatley, Carterton, Burford, and surrounding areas of Oxfordshire.
To apply for this position, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is for you.