Dementia Friends & Companions work in your local community of Swansea, South Wales.
Areas they have jobs
They have Part-Time Job Vacancies, for car drivers in the Swansea, Uplands & Sketty, Mumbles & West Cross, Gower, Gorseinon, Clydach, Morriston & Penlan, and surrounding areas.
- £8.72 - £9.00 per hour + mileage allowance + paid travel time.
- Double time on ban holidays.
- Between 4 and 30 hours per week.
- The hours available are a mixture of morning, lunchtime, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Holiday pay & pension scheme.
- Employee Discount scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme.
An award-winning employer who focus on a companionship/relationship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a Part-Time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour per visit, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. You would be well supported in your role, provided the relevant PPE, and you would always see the same, regular clients to keep you and them safe.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Choosing clothes to wear, assisting with personal care such as shower/wash or to brush their teeth.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
To apply for this position, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is for you.