We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the local community of Kendal, Cumbria.
- Up to £13.50 per hour (Double time on bank holidays) plus 25-45p per mile mileage
- Paid waiting and travel time.
- Part-time hours include early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternative weekends.
- Discounts from top retailers through our employee benefit scheme.
- Generous Pension Scheme, paid Holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Minimum 1-hour visits and visiting regular clients.
- Award-winning training
An award-winning employer with an outstanding CQC Rating and 10/10 on a leading homecare review site, you would be joining an organisation with fantastic values and one of the best in the area, voted in the top 20 of homecare providers in the North West. They are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts
- Assisting with personal care which may be helping to get dressed, washing, or putting toothpaste on a toothbrush.
- Taking them for days out, exercise hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
Areas they have jobs
They have Part-Time Job Vacancies throughout the South Lakeland area including Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Milnthorpe, Grange-over-Sands, and surrounding villages of Cumbria.
To apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter. If this is you, then this role is for you.