We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions to work in your local community of Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire. Due to the nature of the role, it is preferred that you are a car driver.
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, plus some time during the day, evenings, and a few hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you.
An award-winning employer rated Outstanding by the CQC they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a Part-Time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Getting clients out of bed, washed/showered, dressed, and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing etc.
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Taking clients for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
Areas they have jobs
They have Part-Time Job Vacancies in all areas of Chesterfield including Ashgate, Brampton, Brimington, Calow, Coal Aston, Dronfield, Wingerworth, Walton, and surrounding areas of Chesterfield.
There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further and answer any questions. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.