We are looking for genuinely caring Dementia Friends & Companions in Stockton-on-Tees and Middlesbrough as well as throughout Cleveland to join a ‘5 Star Best Employer in Care’ for the past 4 years. Car drivers are essential due to the nature of the role.
Areas they have jobs
They have Part-Time Job Vacancies, for car drivers in the Stockton, Middlesbrough, Billingham, Yarm, Stokesley, Hartlepool, and surrounding areas of Cleveland and North Yorkshire.
- £9.25 per hour weekdays, £10.00 per hour weekends.
- £18.50 per hour bank holidays.
- Part-time hours are available between 10-20 hours per week. (Unfortunately, it is not possible to do just school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work).
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding and fulfilling.
A multi award-winning employer who are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC, focuses on a companionship and relationship led homecare service and are also in the top care providers in the Teeside area. They are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a Part-Time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. You would be well supported in your role, provided the relevant PPE, and you would always see the same, regular clients. This role can be extremely varied and could involve:
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Choosing clothes to wear, assisting with personal care such as shower/wash and to brush their teeth.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs (when permissible).
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is dependability and continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes where they want to be.
You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really know that you make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is certainly for you.
Please provide a cover letter with your application, telling us why you feel being a Dementia Friend & Companion is the right job for you. Just sending a CV is not enough; that doesn’t tell us about ‘you’ as a person. We would like to know what makes you an ideal candidate, even if you have had no formal, previous experience. If you have any questions about this role or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you. Don’t miss this opportunity to secure the best job in care there is!