We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the local communities of Brentwood, Shenfield, Hutton, Upminster, Billericay, Ingatestone, and surrounding villages of Essex. No experience is required as full training is provided.
- £10.00 - £11.50 per hour.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, & employee Assistance programme.
- Flexible, full, and part-time hours with mix of mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Alternatively, if you want just evening work or just weekends, that could work too.
An award-winning employer with an Outstanding CQC rating, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts
- Assisting with personal care.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
To apply for this position of a Dementia Friend & Companion, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is for you.