We are seeking Dementia Friends & Companions who live in the Brampton area of Derbyshire. This is a part-time job and you will need access to reliable transport.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the local community and have job vacancies in the Brampton, Dronfield, Ashgate, Brimington, Calow, Coal Aston, and surrounding areas of Chesterfield.
No Experience is necessary as award-winning training is provided and career progression. We welcome applications from all ages (with no upper limit). It does not matter what job you have done in the past, or if you have never worked, if you can make an older person’s life brighter and feel great satisfaction from doing it, you are exactly who we are looking for.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, plus some time during the day, evenings, or a few hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! The providers are a husband and wife team who are passionate about how older people should be looked after in old age, one of the Directors was a Nurse for over 30 years, she understands what it takes to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support. An outstanding CQC Rating is proof of their dedication paying off.
This organisation focus on a bespoke companionship/relationship led service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour with the focus being on companionship.
By becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion you will be helping an older person in your local community not only combat loneliness, but also help them stay independent. Everyone’s needs differ, some of our clients are more independent than others, you will be matched to an older adult in your local area needing companionship and support. The role may involve:
- Getting them out of bed, washed/showered, dressed, and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing etc.
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.