We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions to work in the local community of Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Areas they have jobs
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Amersham, High Wycombe, Little Chalfont, Chalfont St Peter, Chalfont St Giles, Beaconsfield, Chesham, Stokenchurch, Marlow, Bourne End, Gerrards Cross, and surrounding areas of South Buckinghamshire.
- Car drivers essential.
- £10.25 - £12.00 per hour (double pay on bank holidays).
- 30p-45p mileage allowance.
- Part-time hours and guaranteed hours contracts are available for the right person.
- Hours will be a mixture of early mornings, afternoons, and evenings, depending on your availability.
- It is a requirement to the role that you are available to work alternate weekends, and that your weekend availability mirrors your weekday availability for continuity.
An award-winning employer, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team to help change the face of ageing and make a huge impact on people’s lives. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. The visits would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. Sometimes visits are longer.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care which may be assisting clients to shower/wash, get dressed and to brush their teeth.
- Taking clients for days out, for exercise, hospital appointments, or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
To apply for this Dementia Friend & Companion position, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is for you.