We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Royston area of Hertfordshire. No experience is necessary as full training is provided. It is essential that you are a car driver.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Royston, Stevenage, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth, and surrounding villages of North Hertfordshire.
Could you help Theresa*?
Theresa is 83 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might also repeat a lot of things she has already said or get muddled with peoples’ names. She also gets lonely from time to time as her children live so far away. Could you be the person to make a difference to Theresa?
As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, you would be supporting an older adult in their own home with their daily routines. You would always be carefully matched to the person you will be supporting, each visit is a minimum of 1-hour, and you will stay with the same clients on an ongoing basis, allowing you develop a strong bond. Your duties will include:
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care which may include assisting them to shower/wash, get dressed or to brush their teeth (every person’s needs are different).
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
- Providing companionship and being someone they can rely on.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you would be joining a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. They are an award-winning, family run provider, rated “Outstanding” by CQC which is a fantastic achievement. They have lots of Dementia activities planned for clients and the community which are fun and lovely to be a part of. As an employer, they have also been awarded a 5* employer award and there is a real family feel amongst the team, making it a fantastic place to work and it is a company you can be proud of.
Pay rates, hours & shifts
- £10.00 per hour plus mileage allowance.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- Travel time & wait time up to 29 mins paid at minimum wage £8.72.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays & Employee Assistance programme.
- Hours on 3 week rolling rota – shift pattern includes:
- Week 1 – Early morning shifts, 7am – 3pm, Monday – Friday.
- Week 2 – Evening shifts, 3pm – 10pm, Monday – Friday
- Week 3 – Weekend shifts, Saturday & Sunday, and varied shifts in week depending on rota.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually happen within 24-72 hours of applying, and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have so the end employer can find out more about you.
*Theresa is just an example of someone you would support