We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the Portsmouth area of Hampshire. We are particularly looking for people who are looking for a supportive employer and want to be part of a very special team who truly are dedicated to delivering the best care at home to their clients.
No experience is required as excellent training is provided, but it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Portsmouth, Portchester, Port Solent, Southsea, Drayton, Purbook, Cosham, Hilsea, Waterlooville, Southwick, Denmead, Boarhunt, Hambledon, ad surrounding areas.
You could be part of an award-winning homecare provider, rated Outstanding by the CQC and rated as a 5* employer. They part of a fantastic brand and have an excellent reputation in the community. The owner has a genuine passion for making a difference in people’s lives particularly the most vulnerable in society and this is emphasised not only in the work his team do, but also in his voluntary roles in the community. The companionship and support they offer clients make a difference and helps to tackle loneliness.
Each of their team share their vision and each are truly valued and one review says, “I had no experience in care but I thought I needed a purpose, and so I have been making a difference to people's lives ever since.” This is an employer to be proud of.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be playing a big role within your community and helping older adults remain independent in their own home for as long as possible. The role can include:
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care including showering/wash or get dressed.
- Taking clients for days out, exercise, to hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting clients ready for their bedtime routine.
Pay Rates, Hours & Benefits
- £9.90 per hour weekdays plus 30p mileage allowance.
- £10.60 per hour weekends.
- Flexible, part-time hours available – work around your family and other commitments.
- Pension scheme.
- Excellent training and professional and personal development – who knows where this opportunity could take you.
- See the same clients, minimum of 1-hour visits, and you will be kept as close to your home as possible to keep ay travelling to a minimum.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.