We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Liphook area of East Hampshire. Being a car driver is essential. This is a role where you can make a difference and feel valued and appreciated every day!
No experience is necessary as the employer offers award-winning training as well as career progression. We welcome applications from all ages (with no upper limit). It does not matter what job you have done in the past, maybe you have cared for a relative or friend, if you have a big heart and want a rewarding role, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
What would I be doing?
As a Dementia Friend, & Companion, you would be supporting an older adult in their own home with their daily routines. You would always be carefully matched to the person you will be supporting, each visit is a minimum of 1-hour, and you will stay with the same clients on an ongoing basis, allowing you develop a strong bond. Your duties will include:
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care which may include assisting them to shower/wash, get dressed or to brush their teeth (every person’s needs are different).
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
- Providing companionship and being someone they can rely on.
To them, ‘care’ means quality care! With a good CQC Rating and 9.9/10 on a leading homecare review site, you would be joining an organisation with fantastic values and one of the best in the area. They are an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. You would be joining a team who know what it means to care and a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Locations, pay rates & hours
This homecare provider has job vacancies in Liphook, Alton, Petersfield, Bentworth, Froyle, Four Marks, Selbourne, Liss, Bordon, Headley, Grayshott, Hindhead, Fernhurst, Midhurst, Meon Valley, South & East Harting, Corhampton, Bishop’s Waltham, Hedge End, Botley and surrounding areas of Hampshire.
- £9.25 - £12.25 per hour (Double time on bank holidays) plus Mileage Allowance.
- Full and part-Time hours available.
- Hours include some early mornings, minimum of 2 evenings per week and alternative weekends.
Apply/Ask a Question
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend, & Companion job vacancy, or you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.