We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the local community of Bath, Somerset. Previous experience is not required as full training is provided. It is essential that you are a car driver.
Areas they have jobs
They have Job Vacancies in the Bath, Bradford-on-Avon, Corsham, Chippenham, Melksham, and surrounding areas of Somerset & Wiltshire.
- £10.00 per hour.
- Paid travel, waiting time & fuel payments.
- Full or Part-Time hours, Guaranteed Hours available.
- Hours include mornings, lunchtimes, evenings & alternate weekends.
- Pension, paid DBS & paid training.
An award-winning employer, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. The owners were inspired to provide a high-quality homecare service after experiencing poor care themselves for a family member. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. Your visits would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. You would also always see the same clients to help build that relationship.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care which may include helping them to shower/wash, get dressed or to brush their teeth.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
To apply for this Dementia Friend & Companion role, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but may have cared for a relative or friend, and the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is the role for you.