We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the local communities of Kettering, Wellingborough, and Rushden areas of Northamptonshire. Previous experience is not required as full training is provided. It is essential that you are a car driver.
- £9.65 per hour weekdays, £10.15 per hour weekends.
- 30p mileage allowance.
- Part-time hours, 10-20 hours per week.
- Hours will include some evenings and alternate weekends.
- Pension scheme & paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
An award-winning employer with a “good” CQC rating, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a part-time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts
- Assisting with personal care.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a mobile Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
To apply for this position as a Dementia Friend & Companion, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is the role for you.