We are looking for passionate Dementia Friends & Companions in the Nottingham area of Nottinghamshire. Previous experience is not required as full training is provided. It is essential that you are a car driver.
Locations, pay rates & hours
This homecare provider has hours available in the Nottingham, Long Eaton, Beeston, Chilwell, Stapleford, Wollaton, Hucknall, and surrounding areas of Nottinghamshire
- £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, double rate on bank holidays.
- Mileage allowance plus paid travel time.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Part-time hours available include mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Minimum of 1-hour visits and visiting the same clients.
- Making a difference to a person’s life is the biggest benefit and is so rewarding.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. The support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. You could be:
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
Every older adult supported is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
The owner of this award-winning care company changed his career to concentrate on delivering a compassionate, caring, and individual service, to people needing help and support to remain in their own home. When you join the team as one of their Care Companions & Dementia Friends, you will become a valued member of an organisation who are extremely proud to be changing the way older adults in your local community are taken care of. You would be well supported in your role, provided the relevant PPE, and you would always see the same, regular clients to keep you and them safe.
To apply for this position as a Dementia Friend & Companion, you must be a car driver and be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is the role for you.