We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the local communities of Wellington and Taunton, Somerset. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- £9.50-£11.00 per hour, double pay on bank holidays plus mileage allowance.
- Benefits include pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Lots of support always available.
An award-winning employer rated as “Outstanding” by the CQC; they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a Part-Time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Helping clients get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Companionship visits & trips out.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Dementia Friend & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
To apply for this Dementia Friend & Companion position, you must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, if so, then this is the role for you.