We are looking for Dementia Friends & Companions in the Annan, Dumfries & Galloway areas. Experience is not essential as full training is provided. However, it is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Locations, pay rates & benefits
This homecare provider provides visits in the community and they have job vacancies in Dumfries, Stranraer, Annan, Kirkcudbright, Castle Douglas, Dalbeattie, Ecclefechan, Gretna, and surrounding areas.
- £9.35 per hour plus 15p a mile mileage allowance.
- Full or Part-time hours available or weekends only.
- Flexible working hours.
- Full training provided with specialised induction programme.
- Yearly training paid.
- Opportunity and support to gain SVQs & other qualifications.
- Career progression.
This a role where no two days are the same and people often have the wrong perception of what job Carers do. All their clients’ needs vary depending on the individual and the role will involve:
- Assisting with personal care which may be helping to wash or finish getting dressed.
- Providing medication prompts.
- Helping with domestic duties such as cleaning or vacuuming.
- Helping to prepare meals and making sure they are eating well.
- Taking clients out to appointments, for exercise or to continue the things they love.
- Providing companionship, keeping an eye on a client’s well-being, and helping to tackle loneliness.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be joining a homecare organisation who pride themselves on providing quality support and putting people at the heart of their service. They aim to give their clients the freedom and choice as we all want in our lives, enabling people to maintain their lifestyle. They aim to deliver the very best care available, the sort of care you would want for your own relative. These are values they always keep close to their heart. If you share those values, then you will certainly fit in.
If you are caring in nature, trustworthy, patient and understanding and want to make a difference, then why not do something rewarding. It is a feeling like no other.
To apply/ask a question
If you would like to apply for this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or if you have any questions, then please click on apply. Once you have applied, within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.