We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Launceston area of Devon. No experience is needed as full training is provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
An award-winning employer rated “Outstanding” by the CQC they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. The owners have a very personal experience with care and one of the owners was an integral part of her Mum’s care, leading her to meet some amazing people. This inspired the owners to start a homecare service which provides a high standard of care to all older adults living in their own homes in the local community. The sort of support you would want for your own relatives.
This homecare provider has job vacancies in the Launceston, Okehampton, Bude, Tavistock and surrounding areas of Devon.
- £10.00 per hour plus paid travel and waiting time.
- Mileage allowance.
- Full and part-time hours available, 16-30 hours per week.
- DBS payment (£50.40 refunded back after 6 months of calls).
- You will have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and a couple of hours on alternate weekends.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. The role will include:
- Assisting clients get out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Assisting with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Being a listening ear and to treat each person with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
- Assisting with grocery shopping and managing bills.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your role is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.