Becoming a Community Care & Dementia Friend in the Godalming area of Surrey is so rewarding! Imagine making a difference to a lonely older adult in your local community, seeing them smile when you arrive at their door.
This homecare provider has job vacancies in the Godalming, Farncombe, Milford, Shere, Cranleigh, Frensham, Rowledge, Chiddingfold, Billingshurst, Petworth, Pulborough, and surrounding areas.
- £10.00 - £17.00 per hour plus paid mileage
- Part Time Hours available, minimum 15-hours including early mornings, evenings & alternate weekends (not every weekend – unless you want to).
- School hours only not available.
- Set clients so no changing rotas and minimum of 1-hour visits.
- Holiday pay.
- Refer a friend scheme (£150 for each successful referral).
- Employee Assistance Programme, pension scheme and staff discount portal.
- No experience is required as there is 12-week training and shadowing programme.
- Be willing to provide personal care when required.
- Being a car driver with a reliable vehicle is essential.
Your Typical Day
Your typical day as a Dementia Friend & Companion could start with a morning visit to Rose. Rose has early onset Dementia and has lost all concept of time, so her early morning visit is crucial to keep her in a routine. Arriving at her home you would make Rose aware it’s you and you would get her washed and dressed, prepare breakfast together, laughing and joking about whatever it is you are talking about. After breakfast you may take Rose out for a gentle stroll and some fresh air, and afterwards play some games to help with her memory or do something else Rose enjoys such as baking some buns together.
An award-winning employer rated “Good” by the CQC they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team supporting older adults to stay independent in their own homes. The owner started the service to do something more rewarding and make a difference in her local community, but also to be one of the best employers in the local area. Her journey in the care sector started when she visited an older lady in a residential home and realised how special these visits were for both her and the lady. This inspired her to want to make a difference.
Apply/Ask a Question
I am sure you will have lots of questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, don’t worry, once you have applied the employer will give you a call to answer any questions you may have and tell you much more about this rewarding opportunity. Please click apply and ensure that you include your full address and postcode and within 24/48 hours expect a phone call to progress your application further.
Good luck with your application, this is the start of doing something worthwhile!
*Rose is just an example of someone you would support