We have part time, job vacancies for Dementia Friends & Companions in your local community of Waltham Abbey, Essex. Car Drivers are essential. No experience is necessary, we welcome applications from all age groups, looking to do something amazingly rewarding.
Where we need you
We are an awarding winning employer, rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC. We support people within their own homes in the Waltham Abbey, Loughton, Harlow, Ongar, Epping, and surrounding areas of Essex so if you live in any of these areas, get in touch!
Dementia Friend & Companion Role
You will be a naturally caring, and, a friendly companion, since you will be visiting vulnerable adults, living in our local community providing much needed companionship and support with everyday tasks. For example: -
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Accompanying on days out, hospital appointments etc.
- Preparing lunch together and having a good chat.
- Supporting with bedtime routine.
- Promoting independence and maintaining safety is paramount.
- £10.25 per hour weekdays & £10.40 weekends & double pay on Bank Holidays.
- Paid Mileage Allowance.
- Commitment to work the same days / hours each week based on your availability.
- You would be carefully matched to our Clients.
- A Minimum of an hour is spent with a client ensuring your time is never rushed.
- Are you free on a regular basis mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, or weekends?
- Full training, mentoring and ongoing support from a friendly team.
- Further career progression opportunities.
To apply for this position as a Dementia Friend & Companion, you must be a driver, have access to your own car and be over 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! Do you want to get up every day and make someone’s day that bit brighter? If this is you, then we would love to hear from you.