We have part-time job vacancies for Dementia Friends & Companions to work in your local community of Kidlington, Oxfordshire. This is a rewarding role like no other, working for a unique homecare provider. It is essential you are a car driver with access to your own vehicle.
Do you live local?
They are looking for people living in the Kidlington, Witney, Oxford, Headington, Botley, Wheatley, Carterton, Burford, and surrounding areas of Oxfordshire.
- £12.00 per hour weekdays.
- £13.00 per hour weekends.
- Mileage allowance, pension scheme, paid holidays.
- Hours include early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, & alternate weekend hours.
- Minimum of 1-hour visits and you would always see the same regular clients.
- No experience is required as full training is provided.
- You will need to be willing to provide personal care where required.
- You would be well supported in your role, provided the relevant PPE to keep you safe.
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! An award-winning employer with a 9.9 average rating on homecare.co.uk and a Good rating with the CQC, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. The Directors started the service to make a difference in their local community by providing a bespoke companionship led care service. To them it is important to treat each client as if they were family and keep them independent in their own homes for as long as possible. Every visit is no less than an hour, meaning they can really tailor the support received whether that be companionship, home help or personal care services.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship, home help and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. The support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. Duties can include:
- Helping with morning and evening routine.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Taking clients out for exercise, to social activities, or to appointments.
- Preparing healthy meals and domestic duties.
- Being someone, they can rely on and ensuring your client’s welfare.
Apply/Ask a Question
To apply for this position as a Dementia Friend & Companion, you must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is the role for you.