Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Dementia Friends & Companions, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this job could be perfect for you. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier.
What does the role involve?
Every single person they support is different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine.
- Maybe preparing a bath or assisting someone to get in and out of the shower.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you would be joining a well-established Homecare Provider who have been rated Good by CQC. You would be joining a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. It is a company that you would be proud to be a part of. The owner also takes part in many fund-raising and charity events to help support local charities and organisations in their local community. The care they provide varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing they are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing Dementia Friends & Companions.
- No experience as full training provided.
- Car Drivers are essential due to the nature of the role.
- We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
- £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, double rate on bank holidays.
- Mileage allowance plus paid travel time.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Hours available include mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- There will be elements of personal care involved in this role.
- Making a difference to a person’s life is the biggest benefit and is so rewarding.
Apply/Ask a Question
We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. Why not make 2021 a better year for everybody with a new year, new career! We cannot wait to hear from you.