We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Northampton area. This is a career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
Do something rewarding in 2021
Why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to progress and a have long-term career that matters. Caring for someone with whom you have built a trusting relationship is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier, a feeling like no other.
- No experience is necessary, as award-winning training is provided.
- It is essential that you are a car driver.
- £10.00 per hour, £10.45 after 8pm and weekends (Double time on bank holidays),
- Mileage allowance.
- Part-Time Hours including some Early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternative weekends.
- Paid Holidays.
- Continuous Support including their own learning & development program.
- Minimum 1-hour visits and visiting the same regular clients.
Join the Team
With an Outstanding CQC Rating and 9.6/10 on a leading homecare review site, you would be joining an organisation with fantastic values and one of the best in the area. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area. The Directors are a husband-and-wife team who have a passion to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support. The care they provide varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing they are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing team.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will support older adults in the local community to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. A typical example of some of duties you will perform are:
- Helping with morning and evening routines.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or for some exercise.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
We understand you will have some questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you. This is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.