Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Dementia Friend & Companion, Barton-under-Needwood, Staffordshire
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
Make 2021 better for everyone
Christmas may be over but why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to progress and have long-term career that matters. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier, a feeling like no other.
- 7am – 8pm - £9.50 per hour.
- After 8pm - £10.00 per hour.
- Weekends - £10.00 per hour.
- Double-time on bank holidays.
- Evenings available from 17:00 – 22:00 and alternate weekends.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Minimum 1-hour visits and visiting the same regular clients.
Every single person they support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties as a Dementia Friend & Companion will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Maybe prepare a bath or assist someone to get in and out of the shower.
- Assist with any personal care needs.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, their nutrition and welfare is important.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
Join the Team
You could be joining an award-winning provider who focus on a bespoke companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area providing home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. The care they provide varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing they are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing Dementia Friends & Companions.
We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.