We are looking for part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Virginia Water area of Surrey. This is a career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
New Year, New You
Christmas may be over but why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to progress and a have long-term career that matters. Caring for someone with whom you have built a trusting relationship is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier, a feeling like no other.
- No experience is necessary, as award-winning training is provided.
- It is essential that you are a car driver.
- £10.50 - £13.00 per hour.
- Part-time hours available, and more if preferred.
- If you have a few hours availability during the week and alternate weekends between 8am – 10 pm, then this position is ideal for you.
- Minimum 1-hour visits and visiting the same regular clients.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will support older adults in the local community to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. A typical example of some of duties you will perform are:
- Helping with morning and evening routines.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or for some exercise.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
Join the Team
You could be part of a special homecare provider with an Outstanding rating with the CQC, to this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! The owner is a lovely lady who was inspired to start the service following a cancer diagnosis that changed her life. The people she met in the care sector were amazing and inspired her to dedicate herself to helping others. They provide companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. The care they provide varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing they are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing team.
We understand you will have some questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you. This is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.