We are seeking full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Poole area of Dorset. Previous experience is not required as full training will be provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- £10.40 - £13.20 per hour DOE.
- Paid travel time (extra £1 on your pay) + 30p mileage allowance.
- Full and part-time hours available – hours will include a couple of evenings & alternate weekends.
- Various shifts are available between 7am and 1030pm.
- Flexible holiday pay & blue light card discounts.
- Pension scheme.
- Excellent training and professional and personal development.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Poole, Bournemouth, Canford Heath, Parkstone, Winton, Charminster, Southbourne, Westbourne, Lilliput, and surrounding areas.
You could be joining a national, award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the care industry. You could be part of an award-winning homecare provider, rated Outstanding by the CQC and rated a 5* employer. This provider puts their client at the forefront of everything they do and help people to remain in the place they love the most, their home. They make sure you are perfectly matched to your clients, and no visit is less than 30-minutes, so you can build a lasting relationship with them! The owner started the service to make a difference in his local community and provide a care service that provides a level of care each of us would want as we get older. He is an active member of the Alzheimer’s Society and Dementia Action Alliance and has an aim of enhancing each client’s daily life and give them peace of mind.
Becoming a Dementia Friend & Companion is such a rewarding role within your community. If you think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same. The role may involve:
- Providing companionship.
- Assisting with personal care including showering/washing or to get dressed.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Assisting with shopping and helping to prepare meals.
- Helping with any medication.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the employer to find out more about you.