Full or Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Dementia Friend & Companion, Melksham, Wiltshire
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this job could be perfect for you. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier. If this is you, then why not make 2021 a new year, new career! We cannot wait to hear from you.
Every single person they support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you could be joining an awarding winning care company rated Good by the CQC, whose owners were inspired to deliver care the right way, after experiencing poor care themselves for a family member. They feel this is a privilege to do so and enables them to help other families who have been in the same position. This organisation provides a bespoke companionship led care service that really does benefit the people they support. Every visit is a minimum of 1-hour too, so nothing is rushed, and you will stay with the same clients on an ongoing basis, allowing you develop a strong bond.
- Car Drivers Essential.
- £10.00 per hour.
- Paid travel, waiting time & fuel payments.
- Full or Part-Time hours, Guaranteed Hours available.
- Hours include mornings, lunchtimes, evenings & alternate weekends.
- Pension, paid DBS & paid training.
- A truly rewarding role where the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is like no other.
We understand you will have some questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.