Part-Time Job Vacancy, Dementia Friend & Companion, Camberley, Surrey
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
Make 2021 better for everyone
Christmas may be over but why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to launch a long-term career that matters. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier is a feeling like no other.
- £10.00 - £11.00 per hour plus paid travel time
- Part-time hours available.
- You will need availability for early mornings or evenings, and alternate weekends.
- Pension scheme.
- Care Certificate training, Employee assistance programme & paid holidays.
- You will visit the same Clients regularly for 1 hour or more.
- You will be provided full PPE equipment to keep you safe too.
- No experience is required as full training is provided.
- Be willing to provide personal care when required.
- It is essential that you have a means of transport as clients are predominately cared for in their own homes.
Every single person you support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties as a Dementia Friend & Companion will be. However, a typical example of some of the duties you would perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Maybe prepare a bath or assist someone to get in and out of the shower.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, their nutrition and welfare is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. This provider is award-winning, where they follow one vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives. The owner is a Dementia Champion and is passionate about making a real difference to the lives of older adults in the local community. They also care about their dedicated team and are an accredited living wage employer and a 5* rated employer.
We understand you will have some questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job vacancy, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.