We are looking for full and part-time Dementia Friends & Companions in the Upton-upon-Severn area of Worcestershire.
Be a Hero in 2021
Now more than ever, we all need to stick to together. This is an opportunity to do something rewarding in your local community, make a difference to the life of an older adult, and potentially have a career like no other. Helping someone do the things that so many of us find simple, can make such a difference. You can be a hero in 2021, after all, not all heroes wear capes.
We have job vacancies in the Upton upon Severn, Malvern, Worcester, Welland, Powick, Leigh Sinton, Kempsey, Pershore, Strensham, Eckington, Drakes Broughton, Defford, Bredon, and surrounding areas.
- No experience is needed as full training will be provided.
- It is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- £9.00 - £11.00 per hour + enhanced Bank Holiday rate + 25p mileage allowance.
- Paid travelling time between calls.
- Work as close to where you live as possible to keep any travelling to a minimum.
- Full and part time hours.
- Shift times include - 7:30 until 2:30pm and 4pm - 10pm and alternate weekends.
- Enough time between calls so you can arrive safely and be composed.
- You will be provided with all the appropriate PPE equipment to keep you safe too.
- Employee wellbeing scheme including retail discounts, health plans, paid holidays & pension scheme.
You could be joining an independent, modern, family run homecare company built on wonderful values and beliefs. They have been awarded 10/10 by a leading independent care review service and ranked the number 1 care provider in the Worcestershire area by that website. They view the people who use their services as “Family Members”, they look after them the same way as they would look after their own family. Each member of the team shares their values and is passionate about the care they provide. They will also ensure that you are always safe and well-supported in your job. Their vision is to transform the way care is delivered.
• They have created a special place to work.
• You can play a part in changing the care sector.
• They aspire to be outstanding and believe there is no compromise in care.
• They believe everybody deserves the highest standard of care, dignity, and support.
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will make a real difference to the lives of older adults living in their own homes in your community. You will play an important part in ensuring their welfare and safety and help them to continue doing the things they love most. The role will involve:
• Assisting with personal care.
• Helping with domestic duties.
• Preparing meals and medication.
• Maybe picking up some shopping for them or collecting a prescription.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job or, if you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.